Monday, April 09, 2007

In Which The Word "Chocolate" Appears Five Times In One Paragraph

I still can't believe my blog just reappeared like this. Yay!

I'm thinking about signing up here. I totally love this idea, but I'm such a non-committer. Really, I'm already doing this a lot anyway, but the idea of signing up for it makes me balk.

This weekend was N's 5th birthday. That blows my mind--FIVE YEARS OLD. Craziness. In about two weeks, J turns 1. That also blows my mind. Does this mean I'm getting old? My vote is no. My skin votes no too, by breaking out horribly. It seems terribly unfair to be getting crow's feet (I squint wayyyyy too much) and zits at the same time.

N had a great birthday party, full of far too many superhero-type presents and lots of sugar. I made him a black forest cake, and when he saw it he asked me where the trees were. It was really really good, and since I made too much (I always overdo it--better than not having enough, right?), I ate tons. I'm still reeling from the sugar binge. The next day was his birthday proper, and the kids got masses of chocolate from the Easter Bunny. Even Baby J got a giant chocolate Spongebob, which I guess means I got a giant chocolate Spongebob. I was absolutely not going to ply them with chocolate, but Grandpa had other plans and took on the role of Easter chocolate pusher. According to my sister, I am an Easter Scrooge.

There is more to say, but I am so so so tired today. All day I have been longing to go to sleep, and now that I can, I'm here on the computer. Dumb. I squint when I'm tired--more wrinkles! Gah.

1 Comments:

Blogger MommyKnows said...

I think I could handle not buying clothes for a few months, but refashioning the ones I have (?) Yikes! I am just too creatively challenged for that one! Wait ... once I turned my jeans into cut offs! Hahaha ... but that didn't work so well. I kept trying to even out the legs, until they became 'Daisy Duke' shorts, and when my dad saw me! Sheesh, I think I was grounded. Nope, not me ... I'm buying my clothes!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home