Saturday, December 02, 2006

Worst. Mom. Ever.

I hate myself.

This morning I got up, glanced at the clock, and thought, "Hmmm, must call the vet when they open at 9:30, to see about collecting the cat." Then we got ourselves and the kids ready for a Christmas party, and went out to see Santa. On the way home I glanced at the clock. 2:45...hmm, later than I thought...am I forgetting something? Isn't there something I was supposed to do--OHMYGODTHEVETCLOSEDAT1:30!

I completely forgot my kitty. And now she's there until MONDAY. I feel like such a douchebag.

They assured me (in the three messages they left while we were out) that she'll be checked on this weekend--but the poor girl is in a strange place full of strange sounds and smells. I am a bad, bad person.

Bad.

Update: Less than 1/2 hour after I posted, the vet called! He went in to check up on her and another cat, and phoned on the off-chance I was sitting morosely beside the phone, hating myself. I was there in 6 minutes. Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I just found your blog through the randomiser (I can't let it go, either (NaBlo.. that is)). I'll be back. Feel free to swing by devriesthree.blogspot.com

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home