Sunday, December 03, 2006

Surprise! It's More Negativity!

It's inching closer to 10 pm. All three kids are still awake. I've completely given up on the older two and am trying to ignore them. They're not making it easy, as they are alternating between making loud, mirthful sounds and loud, peevish sounds. There are none of those silent, sleeping-child sounds I am so fond of. I am keeping mum because I'm fresh out of mirthful, and if my mouth opens I fear flames will shoot out of it.

I should have known this would happen. We spent the day visiting my sister and her kids, and Sparkles the guinea pig, who is their weekend guest. Whenever we return home after a day there, they seem to need to cram in a full day's worth of shit-disturbing on their own turf. I don't know how they didn't get it all out of their system there, because they were like crazed little animals. But, like usual, they found some magical reserve of energy as soon as we came home--which also happened to be 1/2 hour before bedtime. WHY DO I NEVER LEARN?

In other news, the cat's kidneys are fine. She has been prescribed antidepressants (boy, that apple didn't fall far from the tree!). Apparently, this antidepressant has the bonus side-effect of helping to cure mild urinary tract infections (which she has), on top of its main effect of chilling cats right the hell out of their propensity to pee where they shouldn't (which she also has). So, as far as we can tell, the reason she's peeing on the floor is that she's a big, fat stressball. I wonder if my crazy is contagious? I feel a bit ridiculous giving antidepressants to my cat. But then, I feel a bit ridiculous cleaning up cat pee every day, so I'll try on this new ridiculous.

Praise Allah or whoever you like, it is finally quiet upstairs. Down here, there is another poopy bum to change, and then it's time for B. E. D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home