Sunday, November 05, 2006

Pee to the Oh to the Oh to the Pee

I would like to post about something that is not poop. Sadly, there is nothing else happening in my world right now.

There is much gastrointestinal distress happening in my house. Last week, N had about a half day of squirty-bum. Then G succumbed, and he squirted for the better part of a week. Now that he's improving, it's bounced back to N. And of course, baby J is always a squirty kind of guy. Throw in the cat's mess (on the mat beside the back door), and I am officially overwhelmed. And my hands are about to bleed from all the washing.

I can think of all sorts of fascinating posts when I'm not near the computer; my charm and wit are at their zenith. As soon as I sit down at the keyboard, my fingers fly to the p and the o and the o and the p.

Apologies.

In other news, my dad is working in the area right now, so he came by yesterday and spent the night. It's great to have his company, especially as he's an incredibly handy sort of guy. He'd only been here a few hours before we had three new doors (picked up with his truck) in the basement, and one mostly installed before bedtime.

It's really special to watch my husband interact with my dad. There is obvious respect and admiration, a genuine bond that deepens whenever they spend time together. My dad is a great teacher, and my husband is his willing student. I feel very lucky to have two of the most important people in my life enjoy one another's company the way they do.

And, thank God, neither of them pooped their pants today.

2 Comments:

Blogger xlbrt said...

Oh, my goodness, it's getting late. I hope you aren't too sick to post something on your blog soon before you are disqualified for fabulous prizes! Anyway, I gave you a mention on my blog, for purely random reasons, or because I was using the randomizer.

Happy NaBloPoMo!

8:18 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Wow, I once wanted kids but not after tales of the squirty-bum :P
Also, I understand about thinking of witty posts when you're far from the computer.
Good luck with the NaBloPoMo! I shall link you back, thank you for visiting :)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home