Wednesday, April 19, 2006

BabyWatch 2006

Here I am. Still pregnant. This pregnancy thing? So nine months ago.

Saw the midwife today, and she advised me to not be too impatient (my earliest "official" due date isn't for another 9 days, after all). Yeah, right. My back is killing me. My arse is enormous. I have to pee every five minutes. On the plus side, I'm nesting and my floors have never been cleaner. Today my mom entertained the kids while I crawled around on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor with a brush. The resulting clean floor made me so happy I wanted to roll around on it, maybe lick it here and there. Never before have I found cleaning to be so gratifying. Is this how it feels to be a neat freak? It's the closest I'll ever get, I'm sure.

My mom is here, and is also eager for me to have this baby before she has to leave on Sunday. So the pressure's on...but the baby is still comfy in his little hidey-hole and seems to have no intention of leaving. My cousin suggested I run up and down the stairs while drinking castor oil and touching my nipples. But I declined--no way I could handle all those stairs.

I'm bagged. I need to go to bed and sleep for about a week. Does that mean I'm going to go into labour tonight? Wishful thinking. But I'll keep wishing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home